By Mark Myers
The last word learn-by-doing method. brief chapters are paired with unfastened interactive on-line routines to educate the basics of HTML and CSS. Written for novices, valuable for skilled builders who are looking to sharpen their talents. Prepares the reader to code an internet site of medium complexity. The learner spends to 3 occasions as lengthy working towards as he does studying. in accordance with cognitive study displaying that retention raises four hundred percentage while newbies are challenged to retrieve the data they simply learn. causes are in simple, nontechnical English that individuals of all backgrounds can simply comprehend. With considerable coding examples and illustrations.
Read or Download A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn It Faster. Remember It Longer. PDF
Similar web development books
Your specialist advisor to construction Microsoft® SharePoint® purposes within the cloud
Deliver customized, cloud-based company options utilizing SharePoint 2010 and home windows Azure™ jointly. via using hands-on concepts from Microsoft cloud improvement specialist Steve Fox, you'll tips on how to raise the achieve, source power, and reusability of your apps. Get the sensible code routines and strong recommendation you need—whether you're making plans to construct whole data-driven purposes or hybrid strategies with easy net components.
Discover tips on how to:
* carry information from home windows Azure market DataMarket into SharePoint and Microsoft workplace functions
* Use Microsoft company Connectivity providers to connect with SQL Azure™ information
* Create complex internet elements to floor SQL Azure information in Bing™ Maps, utilizing the SharePoint customer item version
* deal with documents in home windows Azure utilizing BLOB garage
* set up home windows conversation beginning (WCF) providers to home windows Azure
* construct enterprise intelligence strategies, utilizing SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server® Reporting prone (SSRS)
Get code samples on the internet
able to obtain at http://go. microsoft. com/FWLink/? Linkid=000000.
For process standards, see the Introduction.
Want to benefit how you can create nice consumer reports on today's net? during this publication, UI specialists invoice Scott and Theresa Neil current greater than seventy five layout styles for development internet interfaces that supply wealthy interplay. Distilled from the authors' years of expertise at Sabre, Yahoo! , and Netflix, those top practices are grouped into six key rules that can assist you benefit from the net applied sciences to be had at the present time. With a whole part dedicated to each one layout precept, Designing internet Interfaces is helping you:
• Make It Direct-Edit content material in context with layout styles for In web page enhancing, Drag & Drop, and Direct choice
• preserve It Lightweight-Reduce the trouble required to have interaction with a domain by utilizing In Context instruments to go away a "light footprint"
• remain at the Page-Keep viewers on a web page with overlays, inlays, dynamic content material, and in-page stream styles
• supply an Invitation-Help viewers observe web site gains with invites that cue them to the following point of interplay
• Use Transitions-Learn whilst, why, and the way to take advantage of animations, cinematic results, and different transitions
• React Immediately-Provide a wealthy adventure through the use of vigorous responses corresponding to dwell seek, dwell recommend, dwell Previews, and extra
Designing internet Interfaces illustrates many styles with examples from operating web content. if you want to construct or renovate an internet site to be actually interactive, this e-book promises the rules for success.
Grasp leading edge and attention-grabbing web design with the fascinating new Treehouse sequence of books
Turn simple phrases and photographs into lovely web pages with CSS3 and this pretty, full-color advisor. Taking internet designers past the limitations of prebuilt issues and easy site-building instruments, this new Treehouse publication combines practicality with thought to teach you ways to create totally custom-made, sleek web content that make audience cease and stay.
The fascinating new Treehouse sequence of books is authored by means of Treehouse specialists and choked with cutting edge layout rules and useful skill-building. If you're an internet developer, internet fashion designer, hobbyist, or career-changer, each booklet during this sensible new sequence will be in your bookshelf.
• a part of the hot Treehouse sequence of books, educating you potent and compelling web site improvement and layout, aiding you construct useful abilities
• offers career-worthy info from Treehouse professionals and running shoes
• Explains the fundamentals of cascading sort sheets (CSS), akin to the best way to constitution with CSS, use CSS syntax, how you can manage textual content, and visible formatting
• additionally covers the field version, the best way to animate web page parts, cross-browser compatibility, and more
Leverage pages of unbelievable web design rules and professional guide with a brand new Treehouse sequence publication.
Make the internet paintings for You
You understand how to layout. yet you could bring up your worth as a clothier available to buy by way of studying how you can make that layout functionality on the net. From informational websites to e-commerce portals to blogs to cellular apps, The Designer's internet instruction manual is helping any fashion designer comprehend the complete existence cycle of a electronic product: notion, layout, creation and maintenance.
The top net designers create not just appealing websites but in addition websites that functionality well--for either purchaser and finish consumer. Patrick McNeil, writer of the preferred website design web publication designmeltdown. com and writer of the bestselling internet Designer's notion e-book, volumes 1 and a pair of, teaches you ways to paintings with builders to construct websites that stability aesthetics and usefulness, and to do it on time and on finances.
- PHP Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for PHP Programmers (3rd Edition)
- Pro jQuery 2.0
Extra resources for A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn It Faster. Remember It Longer.
Eventually, authors realized that using only existing vendor prefixes meant they would have to go back to previous work and add new declarations every time another browser implemented their favorite cool new CSS feature. Not to mention how hard it became to keep up with which prefixes were needed for what feature. The solution? Add all possible vendor prefixes preemptively, including the unprefixed version at the end, to futureproof it. We ended up with code like the following: -moz-border-radius: 10px; -ms-border-radius: 10px; -o-border-radius: 10px; -webkit-border-radius: 10px; border-radius: 10px; Two of the declarations here are completely redundant: -ms-border- radius and -o-border-radius never existed in any browser, as IE and Opera implemented border-radius unprefixed from the get-go.
Maintainability versus brevity Sometimes, maintainability and brevity can be mutually exclusive. Even in the previous example, our final code is a bit longer than our original. Consider the following snippet to create a 10px thick border on every side of an element, except the left one: border-width: 10px 10px 10px 0; It’s only one declaration, but to change the border thickness we would need to make three edits. org/TR/css3-color), we got many new color keywords like lightgoldenrodyellow, which aren’t that useful.
However, you can almost always use different syntaxes alongside and let the cascade take care of which one wins. For this reason, always place the standard version last. For example, to get a vertical linear gradient from yellow to red, the book would only list the standard version: background: linear-gradient(90deg, yellow, red); However, if you want to support very old browsers, you might end up having to write something like the following: You can read more on vendor prefixes, why they exist, and how to ab- background: -moz-linear-gradient(0deg, yellow, red); stract them away from your code in background: -o-linear-gradient(0deg, yellow, red); the “A story of ice, fire, and vendor prefixes” section on page 6.
A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn It Faster. Remember It Longer. by Mark Myers